Energus are delighted to be working with Magnox Ltd to support them with the recruitment of their 2021 apprentice cohort.
Magnox Ltd is a subsidiary of the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) and are responsible for the safe and secure clean-up of 12 nuclear sites and operation of one hydro-electric plant across the UK.
Magnox are responsible for ensuring that their activities are carried out:
• safely, securely and predictably, with due regard for the environment
• to the satisfaction of the NDA
• in the long-term interests of our organisation, our employees, the local communities and our supply chain partners.
“Magnox Ltd is committed to creating a workplace that is diverse and inclusive. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities and in particular those that are currently under represented in our workforce. This includes, but is not limited to, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates, candidates with disabilities and female candidates. Our recruitment process is fair, transparent and based on merit.”
Magnox Diversity Statement.
Energus are pleased to be recruiting the following roles in a variety of locations around the UK.
To view and download the job descriptions, please click on the role you wish to learn more about.
Trawsfyndd, Gwynedd (TRA)
- Mechanical Maintenance Technician – Level 3 (TRA-MMT) Prentisiaeth Technegydd Trydanol Cynnal a Chadw (TRA-MMT) (Welsh)
- Electrical Maintenance Technician – Level 3 (TRA-EMT) Prentisiaeth Technegydd Cynnal a Chadw Mecanyddol (TRA-EMT) (Welsh)
Dungeness, Kent (DUN)
- Health Physics Monitor – Level 2 (DUN-HPM)
- Design Engineer and Draughtsperson – Level 3 (DUN-DE&D)
- Trainee Control and Instrumentation Engineer – Level 5 (DUN-TCIE)
- Trainee Mechanical Engineer – Level 5 (DUN-TME)
- Trainee Safety and Environment Engineer – Level 5 (DUN-TSEE)
- Buyer (Procurement) – Level 4 (DUN-Buyer)
Sizewell, Suffolk (SZA)
Oldbury, South Gloucestershire (OLD)
- Maintenance and Operations Engineering Technician – Level 3
- Maintenance and Operations Engineering Technician – Control & Instrumentation – Level 3 (OLD-MOET C&I)
- Trainee Mechanical Engineer – Level 5 (OLD-TME)
- Trainee Control and Instrumentation Engineer – Level 5 (OLD-TCIE)
Winfrith, Dorset (WIN)
- Maintenance and Operations Engineering Technician – Mechanical – Level 3 (WIN-MOET Mech)
- Maintenance and Operations Engineering Technician – Electrical – Level 3 (WIN-MOET Elec)
- Buyer (Procurement) – Level 4 (WIN-Buyer)
Hinkley A, Somerset (HNK)
Magnox Support Office (MSO)
In light of the UK national lockdown and the fact that Energus staff are now working remotely, it is not possible for us to post hard copy application forms to interested applicants. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Magnox Employee Benefits
As well as a competitive base salary, you receive access to a broad range of learning & development and career opportunities, including:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 4 day working week (applicable at most sites)
- Pension scheme
- Employee discount scheme
- Paid time off for sickness absence
- A fully sponsored national & industry recognised qualification
- Access to a wide range of career pathways with highly competitive salaries and bonus arrangements upon completion of the apprenticeship.
Closing date for all roles has been extended to Sunday 18th April 2021. Regretfully, we are unable to consider applications which are returned after this date.
To find out more about what it is like being an apprentice at Magnox, you can read about the experiences from former apprentices here, and by watching the video below.