- Barrow Marine Terminal, Barrow-in-Furness
- Vacancy code: INS – EEA
INS are committed to creating a workplace that is diverse and inclusive and we therefore particularly welcome applications from women, BAME, LGBT+ and disabled candidates.
International Nuclear Services
International Nuclear Service Limited (INS) provides specialist and unrivalled nuclear transport, design and licensing services, and manages NDA’s inherited fuel cycle contracts with UK and overseas customers.
We have extensive and proven expertise in irradiated fuel management and the transportation of nuclear materials and have the capability to design and deliver entire nuclear transport operations, engineer and license new packages or undertake marine shipments as part of overall nuclear transport projects.
INS is based in the UK and has offices and facilities in France and Japan.
Electrical Engineering Apprentice
Apprenticeship Standard Reference: ST0152– Level 3
As an Electrical Engineering Apprentice at INS you will:
- Assist the Electrical and Mechanical Engineers and provide engineering support for the INS Marine Terminal whilst undergoing a training programme from a recognised provider.
- Support to the Engineering team with all aspects of site maintenance.
- Gain hands on experience of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering roles and preventative and reactive maintenance.
- Support Port Operatives duties in assisting with Slinging and Fork Lift Truck Operations.
During your apprenticeship you will have the opportunity to engage in the following types of activities:
- Support to Electrical/Mechanical engineers
- Service and maintain plant and equipment
- Carry out and record maintenance of equipment in accordance with QA procedures and manufacturers recommendations
- Support lifting, slinging and fork lift activities
- Attend additional training course as and when required to support the role and personal development
Candidates will be required to achieve Security Clearance to SC Level.
Training will take place at Furness College – Channelside, Barrow in Furness, Cumbria, LA14 2PJ
The successful apprentice will be required to attend college one day per week (day to be confirmed).
The duration of this apprenticeship is 3-4 years.
To be considered for this apprenticeship, candidates must hold the following qualifications and personal qualities:
- Five GCSEs in the 9 to 4 (A* to C) including Maths, English and Science
- A desire to learn and develop.
- High level of drive, resilience and personal integrity.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to work flexibly and including unsociable hours when required.
- Ability to manage own workload, including time and deadline management.
- Ability to integrate and build productive relationships.
- Working knowledge of the application of HS&E, PUWER and LOLER through experience
Working hours: The working hours for this role are 38.75 hours per week; this is inclusive of a daily 45-minute lunch break.
Years 1-3: National Minimum Wage (£4.15 p/hr)
Year 4: National Living Wage
Other benefits: 30 days annual leave, pension, annual bonuses and access to Employee assistance programme
To apply for this role, please download the Application Form
Completed application should be sent to: INSRecruitment@energus.co.uk
Applications close: Wednesday 22nd July 2020 (any applications received after this date will not be considered)